National Historic Site
San Juan, PR
San Juan National Historic Site preserves stories of great ambition and aspirations. Countries fought for control of this tiny yet strategic island for centuries. Generations of soldiers have lived and worked within the forts. Visitors today are as inspired by these stories as they are by the beauty of the architecture and the ingenuity of design and engineering of this World Heritage Site.
By The Numbers
- 1 National Park
- 1,450,218 Visitors to National Parks
- $68,000,000 Economic Benefit from National Park Tourism ?
- $48,914,404 of Land & Water Conservation Fund Appropriated for Projects (since 1965) ?
- $17,860,673 in Historic Preservation Grants (since 1969) ?
- 2 Community Conservation & Recreation Projects (since 1987) ?
- 4,785 Acres Transferred by Federal Lands to Parks for Local Parks and Recreation (since 1948) ?
- 8,805 Hours Donated by Volunteers ?
- 347 National Register of Historic Places Listings ?
- 6 National Historic Landmarks ?
- 5 National Natural Landmarks ?
- 1 World Heritage Site ?
- 171 Places Recorded by Heritage Documentation Programs ?
- 632,064 Objects in National Park Museum Collections ?
- 4 Archeological Sites in National Parks ?
- 1 Teaching with Historic Places Lesson Plan ?
- 4 Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itineraries ?
- ?Print the summary ?
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/2017.