Pago Pago, American Samoa, AS
The National Park of American Samoa welcomes you into the heart of the South Pacific, to a world of sights, sounds, and experiences that you will find in no other national park in the United States. Enjoy this unique national park and the welcoming people of American Samoa. We are here to protect its rich culture and natural resources. Come explore them with us!
By The Numbers
- 1 National Park
- 56,180 Visitors to National Parks
- $4,000,000 Economic Benefit from National Park Tourism ?
- $2,085,481 of Land & Water Conservation Fund Appropriated for Projects (since 1965) ?
- $9,582,139 in Historic Preservation Grants (since 1969) ?
- 3,480 Hours Donated by Volunteers ?
- 31 National Register of Historic Places Listings ?
- 2 National Historic Landmarks ?
- 7 National Natural Landmarks ?
- 146,967 Objects in National Park Museum Collections ?
- 43 Archeological Sites in National Parks ?
- 6 Threatened & Endangered Species in National Parks ?
- 2 Discover Our Shared Heritage Travel Itineraries ?
- ?Print the summary ?
These numbers are just a sample of the National Park Service's work. Figures are for the fiscal year that ended 9/30/2017.